WHISTLER REAL ESTATE NEWS -Greetings from Whistler, B.C.! I hope all is well with you and your families.
Here's what's been happening in the real estate market in Whistler:
- There were $54,320,599 worth of real estate transactions in November vs $76,577,900 in October. This represents a 14% decline month-over-month and 38% decline vs November 2021.
- Properties are selling, but at a much slower rate than we're used to.
- The median listing price so far in 2022 is $1,699,000 vs the median sale price of $1,495,000. This represents a discount of 12%.
- The median listing price in 2021 was $1,299,000 with a median sale price of $1,287,500. A difference of less than 1%.
- Most properties are selling below the asking price. Make offers. You might be surprised what happens.
- Median days to sell in November 2022 was 40 days, vs 27 days in November 2021.
- Months of inventory is up slightly to 6 months in November from 5 months in October.
- There have been 443 sales in Whistler year to date vs 810 sales in 2021. The lowest amount of sales in the last decade was 522 in 2012. We are on pace to break that record in 2022.
- Listing inventory is down slightly to 181 listings in November from 195 in October.
- There were 18 price reductions in November 2022 in Whistler.
- LINK TO THE PRICE REDUCTIONS IN NOVEMBER 2022.
- Click here to view November sales broken down by the property type.